If you are selling a few items per day on Ebay it might not be worth forking out on a dedicated selling manager that prints the address labels for you. Neither do you want to manually print the address label for each item sold as this can be time consuming and boring.
This free system will allow you to print the address labels in Microsoft Word. It also will print the item(s) and quanities to ship and the shipping service, enabling you to pick, package and post the items appropiately.
In order to use this system you will require Microsoft Word 2007 / 2010 / 2013 .
The following will show you how to print address labels in Microsoft Word without the requirement for custom software.
Tasks to do at ebay.co.uk
The following tasks have to be done in ebay.co.uk everytime you would like to print new address labels.
- Go to your sold items list in eBay Selling Manager (My Ebay -> Selling, then choose Sold from the left menu)
- From the Status filter choose awaiting dispatch
- Check all the checkboxes next to the sold items
- Click the other drop down list and select download. This will download a csv file. Save the file in a dedicated directory by creating a new one called ‘Ebay Sales’. Save the csv file with today’s date as the filename (eg. 05.07.2014)
Tasks to do in Microsoft Word
The following tasks have to be done in Microsoft Word only once.
Set up the file and choose the label dimensions.
- Open Microsoft Word and save the file as Ebay Address Labels in the ‘Ebay Sales’ directory.
- Choose the mailings tab from the Ribbon toolbar
- Select labels and choose the label that you would like to print on by clicking the options button. I recommend using J8173, which is 10 labels on an A4 sheet. When you have chosen the label of your choice click on New Document.
- In the mailings tab click on Select Recepients -> Use Existing List
- Find the CSV file and click Open.
Add the address data to the labels
- Now to add the address and item information to the labels. Click on the mailings tab and choose Rules and add next record if. From the field name drop down list choose item number and click on OK. This ensures that only rows with data in the CSV are picked up in the Labels.
- Click on Address Block in the Mailings Tab. From the insert recipient name in this format list select the first option ‘Josh’
- In the Only include the country/region if different than: choose your home country. For me this would be United Kingdom.
- Uncheck address according to country/destination checkbox. The options you have now selected should be as below.
- Click on Match Fields button and map the field according to the image below.
Click OK when done and you should see <<Address Block>> on your labels document. Press enter twice to start a new line leaving a line space.
Add the item and shipping data to the labels
- Next is to get the item quantity, item name and shipping service on the label. Click insert merge field and choose Quantity and then OK.Press the space bar once to leave a space.
- Click rules and choose If…Then…Else. From the resulting dialog box, select field name as Item_Number and for comparison choose Not equal to and type x in the Insert this text box. Click on OK. Press the space bar once to leave a space.
- Click insert merge field and choose Item_Title and press the space bar to leave a space.
- Click rules and choose If…Then…Else. From the resulting dialog box, select field name as Item_Number and for comparison choose Not equal to and type / in the Insert this text box. Click on OK. Press the space bar once to leave a space.
- Click insert merge field and choose Delivery_Service
Replicate the labels
- Copy all the fields in the first label and paste it into the second label
- In the second label only put the cursor before the «Next Record If» and click rules and choose «Next Record»
- Copy the «Next Record If» and paste immediately after «Next Record If» so you have two.
- Copy all the fields from the second field to all the other remaining labels. You may also want to change the text colors and font size.
- Click on Preview Results to see your labels.
Here is the word file that I have created. You will need to download the CSV file with the sold item data from ebay.co.uk If this file works with other ebay sites then please leave a comment below. You might need to re-map the fields to use this file.