- Right click the Chrome icon and choose More > Open file location
- Right click Google Chrome, choose Properties then press the Open File Location button
- Copy the chrome.exe file and paste it in the same location. Accept any administrator permission prompts. You should now have chome.exe and chome – Copy.exe. Rename chrome – Copy.exe to something better such as chromeApps.exe
- Right click the broken icon in the taskbar then choose More > Open file location
- Right click the Chrome App shortcut and choose Properties. Change text chrome.exe in the Target Property to be chromeApps.exe
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog. The icon takes around 5 seconds to change on the Start Menu.
You will then need to repeat from step number 4 for fixing additional Chrome shortcut app icons.